I was so psyched to hear that Superfly Racing is bringing back the first, the original , the best MTB Stage Race in Ontario, CRANK THE SHIELD
I won the first one, Just sayin’ but even without my (only?) claim to fame I would be back for the awesome adventures that this race offers every single day . The race is so much more then the bike race though as the sponsors and crew do such a great job with the accommodations , transport and meals/festivities. Anyone who has done the race will agree that it is an amazing 3 day party in Northern Ontario, with some great bike racing thrown in.
8 Reasons I am going ?
1. Convenient “lollipop” format as 2012 = no shuttles
2. Committing to a goal now gives me motivation to train all winter and into September!
3. Kicking Horse coffee in the morning & beer every night … Enough said.
4. New Singletrack added to day 2 = more skids, flicks and jumping for photographers
5. Great New Redesigned jerseys/shorts = everyone gets extra day smelling great !
6. As in 2012, increased rain resistance through trail work and routing
7. All athletes compete on same course, at same start in Ontario’s only stage race
8. 10% off Reg. Sale Until December 1st . Visit Crank Reg. Page
*** Look for Updates with the Smart Athlete Training Plan for Crank the Shield in the Coming Weeks ***
Sign Up for our Newsletter to get the info LINK